This position is responsible for all service department activities, including directing repairs, maintenance and activities to provide excellent customer service to our customers & our internal departments.
- Operate as a profit center, control costs, minimize expenditures and operate within budget constraints.
- Maintain good customer relations; intercede to help resolve problems & enhance relations.
- Oversee the work order closing process, review work orders for accuracy & completeness for parts & labor.
- Help the Service Writers prepare quotes and promote the companies capabilities to our customers.
- Provide continuous communication to our customers regarding repairs, associated costs and time estimates.
- Interact with Service Technicians and help provide insight to Service Writers for best practices regarding repairs.
- Review credit histories with our customers prior to closing Repair Orders.
- Continue ongoing education to self & employees regarding latest OEM updates, process changes and recommendations.
- Interview, hire, promote from within, do employee reviews, conduct safety meetings, discipline and encourage when appropriate.
- Conduct, show and provide a positive work environment for all employees.
- Oversee the inventory and maintenance of department tools, equipment and supplies. This includes company vehicles.
- Lead by example and provide failure analysis for the department.